Quick Tips for Hiring a Lawyer
There are many fine lawyers to choose from, but it is important to find a lawyer you feel will best handle your case and one you are most comfortable with. Here is a list of things to consider when hiring a lawyer.
- Choose a lawyer you feel comfortable talking with so you can completely and honestly tell all facts about your case.
- Find a lawyer whose credentials and experience best match your needs.
- Network with your friends. The most reliable referrals usually come from people you trust.
- Don’t believe every advertisement you see. Remember what you’ve always heard; if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Don’t equate a big, flashy ad to the quality of the lawyer. There are many fine, successful lawyers who do not advertise.
- Understand all legal costs before signing contracts and legal documents.
- Ask the lawyer if they will personally be representing you or will it be an associate.
- Just as there are many fine lawyers, and then there are others. If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. Move on.
- Don’t hire a lawyer in a panic. Get the best!